The federal government has said it’s no longer responsible for the lingering strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU.
Emeka Nwajiuba, Minister of State for Education said there is nothing should be stopping the lecturers from returning to classrooms.
Nwajiuba explained that the government has done what it needs to do, adding that the lingering strike should be blamed on the lecturers.
He disclosed this while responding to why university lecturers have not called off their industrial action.
According to the minister: “The lecturers can be back in the classroom tomorrow if they say they want to go back. There is nothing withholding the lecturers from entering the classroom tomorrow.
“Everything that the government needs to do is done. If you want your salaries, get on the platform and collect your salaries.”
The protracted industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, was due to the body’s refusal to enroll on the federal government’s payment platform, Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS).
ASUU had severally insisted that it won’t enrol on the IPPIS system.
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of NEWS 4 NAIJA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]
- First Independent Power Limited Graduate Engineering Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Anambra State Primary Health Care Development Agency (ASPHCDA)
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment 2021 ( FMARD Recruitment Form 2021 )
- Senior Driver at The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN)
VIDEO OF THE WEEK : SEX FOR GRADE IN NIGERIA
NAIJA NEWS12 hours ago
BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Feature In UTME Registration
NAIJA NEWS14 hours ago
President Buhari Approves Appointment Of 18 Judges For Appeal Court (Full List)
NAIJA NEWS7 hours ago
You Can’t Stop Secessionists – Pastor Giwa Tells Buhari
NAIJA NEWS18 hours ago
Police Rescue Abducted Student Of Osun State College Of Health Technology
NAIJA NEWS22 hours ago
“Our Professors May Work In Togo Bakeries If Nigeria Disintegrates” — Lai Mohammed