The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has urged the Federal Government to lead the way in restoring peace and justice in Nigeria.
ASUU also said that security operatives must be stopped from the senseless killing of armless youth protesters, while infiltrators must be brought under check through active intelligence.
The union said this in a statement posted on its Twitter handle on Friday while condemning the shooting of Nigerian youths by soldiers at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos State.
The statement read in part: “The Federal Government must lead the way in restoring peace and justice in Nigeria. Security operatives must be stopped from the senseless killing of armless youth protesters while infiltrators must be brought under check through active intelligence.
“For obvious reasons of past betrayal, the youth are right to insist on seeing evidence of how well the government has met their five-point demand. It is only by the continuous engagement that this would happen, not by the deployment of trigger-happy military personnel as reportedly done in the case of the Lekki Toll Plaza.”
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of NEWS 4 NAIJA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]
- First Independent Power Limited Graduate Engineering Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Anambra State Primary Health Care Development Agency (ASPHCDA)
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment 2021 ( FMARD Recruitment Form 2021 )
- Senior Driver at The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN)
VIDEO OF THE WEEK : SEX FOR GRADE IN NIGERIA
NAIJA NEWS13 hours ago
“It Was A Waste Of Sin ’ – Lady Recalls Spending A Night With Ubi Franklin On His Matrimonial Bed
NAIJA NEWS15 hours ago
Nigerian Lady Who Begged For N5000, Disappears After N500K Was Mistakenly Sent To Her
NAIJA NEWS8 hours ago
“Our Professors May Work In Togo Bakeries If Nigeria Disintegrates” — Lai Mohammed
NAIJA NEWS17 hours ago
Rescued Kaduna University Student Narrates How Bandits Operated In School, Kidnapped Colleagues
NAIJA NEWS10 hours ago
Photos From The Fire Outbreak At Katsina House Of Assembly