The Federal government has dismissed claims by university lecturers that they have not been paid for eight months.
Emeka Nwajiuba, the Minister of State for Education, insisted that such a claim was unfair.
Speaking on Channels Television’s Politics Today, Nwajiuba said some lecturers got excess salaries and had to refund it to the government.
There has been some controversy over the introduction of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) into the educational system.
Lecturers under the aegis of Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) had faulted the introduction of IPPIS.
Amid the controversy over IPPIS, ASUU President, Biodun Ogunyemi had accused the federal government of withholding the salaries of lecturers for eight months.
However, Nwajiuba said: “I think it is a lie to say the government has not paid them in eight months. It will be unfair to the government and wouldn’t be necessary to bring that kind of argument because some people may have different levels.
”Some people even got salaries that were not adequate. Some people got over and had to refund. There were so many issues with it
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of NEWS 4 NAIJA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]
- First Independent Power Limited Graduate Engineering Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Anambra State Primary Health Care Development Agency (ASPHCDA)
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment 2021 ( FMARD Recruitment Form 2021 )
- Senior Driver at The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN)
VIDEO OF THE WEEK : SEX FOR GRADE IN NIGERIA
NAIJA NEWS12 hours ago
“It Was A Waste Of Sin ’ – Lady Recalls Spending A Night With Ubi Franklin On His Matrimonial Bed
NAIJA NEWS14 hours ago
Nigerian Lady Who Begged For N5000, Disappears After N500K Was Mistakenly Sent To Her
NAIJA NEWS7 hours ago
“Our Professors May Work In Togo Bakeries If Nigeria Disintegrates” — Lai Mohammed
NAIJA NEWS16 hours ago
Rescued Kaduna University Student Narrates How Bandits Operated In School, Kidnapped Colleagues
NAIJA NEWS9 hours ago
Photos From The Fire Outbreak At Katsina House Of Assembly