The suspects were arrested following intelligence reports on their alleged internet-related fraudulent activities.
Seven men and a lady suspected to be involved in online fraud have been apprehended by the Port Harcourt Zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
The agency said the suspects were all arrested on Tuesday, January 26, 2021, at their hideouts in Mandela Housing Estate, Rumuokoro and Street 1, Radio Road Estate, Ozuoba, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The suspects, comprising seven young men and one lady, are Vandross Ebre; Tochukwu Mbonu; Charles Mba; Okoroma Robinson; Ruth Allison; Timothy Godspower, Kingsley Obilor, and Sampson Ajaka.
Their arrest followed intelligence reports on alleged internet-related fraudulent activities, the agency said in a statement.
Items recovered from them include nine (9) phones, eight (8) Laptops of different brands, one (1) silver-colored Lexus ES 330 car, One (1) maroon black- coloured Lexus ES 330 car, and one (1) white-colored Benz GLK 350 Sport Utility Vehicle.
The suspects are all expected to be charged to court as soon investigations are concluded.
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of NEWS 4 NAIJA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]
- First Independent Power Limited Graduate Engineering Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Anambra State Primary Health Care Development Agency (ASPHCDA)
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment 2021 ( FMARD Recruitment Form 2021 )
- Senior Driver at The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN)
VIDEO OF THE WEEK : SEX FOR GRADE IN NIGERIA
NAIJA NEWS12 hours ago
“It Was A Waste Of Sin ’ – Lady Recalls Spending A Night With Ubi Franklin On His Matrimonial Bed
NAIJA NEWS14 hours ago
Nigerian Lady Who Begged For N5000, Disappears After N500K Was Mistakenly Sent To Her
NAIJA NEWS8 hours ago
“Our Professors May Work In Togo Bakeries If Nigeria Disintegrates” — Lai Mohammed
NAIJA NEWS17 hours ago
Rescued Kaduna University Student Narrates How Bandits Operated In School, Kidnapped Colleagues
NAIJA NEWS10 hours ago
Photos From The Fire Outbreak At Katsina House Of Assembly